If you have Corona symptoms, Government of Netherlands offers two ways to register and get you tested.
- Website dedicated to Corona https://coronatest.nl/ – You need “Digid”, Phone number, email address to book a test and check the results. You will receive confirmation email once you registered successfully. Take this along to the test location. Important: You can not use Public transport to travel test location. Discuss this when you are making an appointment.
- Dedicated telephone line 0800-1202-In case you are booking a test for child aging 0-6 years or you do not have Digid or you are a foreign tourist you can 0800-1202 is the contact number available all day between 08:00 and 20:00. Have your Social security number(BSN) handy which must be required.
- If you are outside Netherlands +31 850 659 063 is the number you can contact at.
If you have any corona symptoms you can get tested for free of charge. In case of serious complaints you can call your GP and for danger of life call emergency number 112.
Role of Municipal Public Health Services (GGD)
The Municipal Public Health Services (GGDs) and hospitals administer the test. GGDs are the Medical and Health services in Netherlands. If you have Corona symptoms, you can register online or via phone for the test.
- On registering a test, GGD will send you an email.
- Nearest Test location will be possibly allocated and test procedure will be informed through an email.
- Take an email Print out, Proof of identity: your passport, identity card or driver’s license and carry it with you to the designated location.
- The GGD employee conduct the swab test by inserting a cotton swab in your nose and throat. This only takes a few seconds.
- The cotton swab will be sent to the lab and test for Covid-19 will be verified.
- Test is free of cost. You need not to pay.
- You should immediately go home and stay inside till you get the result.
- Do not use Public transport. Come on foot, by bike or by car. Use a mouth mask if you are in a car with someone else.
- If you have any questions about test locations, Inform GGD while making an appointment.
- GGD will trace the contact history if your test report is positive and you share room, house or have been in close contact with someone throughout that period.Your contacts will be called by GGD and advised to quarantine for 10 days.
Types of tests
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test – detects the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and Indicates if you are infected presently or not. Smear Test is the most common way of testing and is used by the Municipal Public Health Services (GGDs). Result is given within 24 – 48 hours.
- Serological test – Checks for antibodies against Corona virus. This test tells whether you were already infected. GGD does not test for antibodies and hence perform no serological test.